Smoothies to the Rescue!A Step-by-Step Guide to Evolving Your Diet & Improving Your Gut Health via Smoothies
Evolve Your Diet
Did you know that smoothies are one of the simplest and tastiest ways for people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) to consume wholesome foods, including fruits, vegetables and other high-fiber foods, like nuts and seeds EVEN while following a “low-fiber” diet.
That’s right! Smoothies make it possible for people with active and inactive IBD, including Crohn’s, ulcerative colitis and pouchitis to eat a healthy diet full of a variety of nourishing foods that will give your body the nutrients it needs to heal, stay well and feel strong and energized.
However, unlike most people, you might not be able to try any smoothie that looks good to you. You have more to consider than taste. You might wonder:
- Is this smoothie safe for me to eat while flaring?
- Will this smoothie make me feel sick?
- Does this smoothie have too much fiber?
- Do I have to first cook my fruits and vegetables?
- Will this smoothie worsen my disease?
We know how scary and overwhelming it can be to add “new” foods or reintroduce “old” ones to your diet.
That’s why we wrote this book! We share what you need to know to make tasty, nutritious and IBD-friendly smoothies with ease and confidence.
- A 4-week smoothie challenge customized for people with IBD
- Expert insight into how smoothies can benefit your health and disease
- 8 guiding principles to creating IBD-friendly Smoothies
- Step-by-step instructions for choosing your smoothie ingredients
- Suggestions for turning your smoothie into a meal
- Blending, cleaning & timesaving tips
- Thoughtful answers to FAQs about smoothies and IBD
- An ingredient swap guide
- Bonus recipes
- And more!
This is more than a smoothie “challenge”. It’s a smoothie progression.
Not just a collection of recipes, but a series of recipes that guides you through discovering and building a healthy diet ideal for someone with IBD (or other gut issues). Designed for IBD, enjoyed by everyone.
Each smoothie has several variations that build on the one that came before. For example, you might start with 3 ingredients, but by the time you’re near the end of the week, the recipe will include those original ingredients plus other carefully selected, gut-friendly, delicious options.
Ultimately, you’ll discover nutritious, gut-friendly foods to add to your diet, all the while enjoying delicious smoothies.
"Smoothies are one of the best ways to eat healthy and delicious foods that are also gentle on the gut."
2018 Wellness by Food